In each war truth is the first victim. The war in Eastern Ukraine is not different. This post will mention the lies of the Ukraine government and authorities related to MH17.
There are probably more lies. Please add those in the comments.
- Ukraine accuses pro-Russia rebels of taking bodies from crash site to remove BUK parts. The Guardian report about this here. “Terrorists brought 38 bodies to the mortuary in Donetsk,” the government statement read, adding that Russian experts would presumably perform autopsies. “The terrorists are seeking for the heavy load trucks to carry the plane wreckage to Russia,” the statement added.Obviously nonsense. 37 of bodies were indeed transported to Donetsk (Kalininskiy mortuarium). This is a link to documents of the Ukraine recovery service SES. The SES are not terrorists. There was no indication that bodies were tampered with in Donetsk. There is no indication wreckage was transported to Russia.
In this KRO Reporter docu on MH17 Ukraine spokesman Lysenko stated separatists removed 60 bodies from the crash site and removed pieces of a BUK missile from the bodies. The Dutch JIT stated there were no indications at all of removal of pieces.
- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin denied government forces were fighting rebels in the area and said they were respecting a 40-kilometre (24-mile) unilateral ceasefire perimeter around the crash site There is a lot of proof Ukraine forces were advancing towards the crash site end of July. Ukrainian troops were also fighting in Shakhtersk, about 20 kilometres away from the crash site, local news wire Novosti Donbasa reported See more. Many indications in this blogpost about the situation at the crashsite.
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte asked Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in a phone call Tuesday morning to halt the fighting around the crash site so that investigators can access it, Rutte spokesman Jean Fransman said. (source CNN)
- Ukraine gave two different explanations why there were no military aircraft flying at July 17
Markian Lubkivsky, adviser to SBU chairman, said at a briefing on 24 Dec, 2014 that Ukrainian war planes did not fly on 17 July because of “rescue operations” to save the crews of the planes downed on 14 and 16 July. According to Lubkivsky, that can be confirmed by radar information. Captain Vladislav Voloshin said in a media interview on 27 Aug, 2015 that Ukrainian Air Force did not operate on 17 July, 2014 because of the bad weather – “complete cloudiness”.
- Russian airforce bombed an apartment building in Snizhne.
Nonsense. Snizhne was controlled by the separatists. Why would Russia invaded Ukraine airspace and bomb a city fully controlled by separatis. It is far more likely the Ukraine Air Force wanted to bomb the warehouse of the separatists which was nearby the apartment.
- Ukraine stated the Antonov 26 shotdown at July 14 was caused by either a Russian air to air missile or heavy surface to air system shot from Russia.
However Dutch Military Intelligence Service MIVD concluded the aircraft was most likely shot down by MANPADS.
- Ukraine stated as documented in the DSB final report that radar of civil air traffic control was switched off because of maintenance. Later a Dutch export stated he believed chances are small that three radar stations were in maintenance at the same time. The Ukraine ambassador the the Netherland responsed later that one of the radar stations was destroyed.
- Ukraine stated the separatists tampered with the black boxes. This was said by Deputy prime minister Volodymyr Groysman at a news conference .The rebels would give the flight recorders to international aviation authorities, but added “There is information that the recorders were in their hands all these days and they did certain things to them.” Asked whether he thought the rebels had tampered with the recorders, Mr Groysman concurre (source)
Later it was concluded there was no tampering with the black boxes (Reuters)
- Ukraine does not have BUK 9M38M1 anymore. This was said by Ihor Smeshko, an advisor to the Ukrainian president and former head of the SBU. He said “As far as I know, Ukraine sold its last Buk to Georgia.”
Bellingcat made a posting making clear the statement was nonsense.
- The Ukrainian chief of security Valentyn Nalyvaichenko has reported that they have arrested a terrorist group that was planning an attack on the Dutch investigation team in Kharkov (source)
Dutch secret service later concluded there were no indications for an assault to minister Koenders (RTL)
- Ukraine Says Rebels Mistook Doomed Flight MH17 for Aeroflot Plane (source)
Another nonsense story. Ukrianek claimed the crew of the BUK was unaware of the situation. Separatists were “ordered” to position a Buk anti-aircraft missile near the village of Pervomaisk in eastern Ukraine, but because the fighters were Russian, not local, they confused two settlements with the same name and less than 100 kilometers apart, Nalyvaichenko said in a statement by his agency.
That is very unlikely. Explained in this post.