Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov gave an interview to Channel News Asia, Kuala Lumpur, August 5, 2015.
Some of the statements of Lavrov made in this and other interviews at August 5 are:
- The participants in the investigation did not contact the Russian corporation Almaz-Antey, the manufacturer of the Buk surface-to-air missile system, which, as Kiev and some Western countries claim, was used to down the plane (RbtH)
- The investigation is not independent, not comprehensive and not truly international. (Russia Today)
- Members of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) for the MH17 crash, especially from Western countries, “seem to be quite, quite prejudiced,” (Russia behind the headlines)
- Malaysia is the only “sincerely interested” country, while other Western nations have “political motivations”. (ChannelNewsAsia)
- Russia is the only country that provided the data from its radars for investigation, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov notes (Tass)
- The Russian participants are not receiving all information, which has been distributed among some other participants in this group (RbtH)
- most of the demands of UN Resolution 2166 were ignored by the countries who joined the Joint Investigation Group (source)
- Malaysia was not member of the JIT for 5 months
- Resolution 2166 required to submit recommendations to the UN how the UN can facilitate and support the investigation.Such recommendations were not submitted to the Security Council
Lavrov did some more statements which will be discussed in a later blogpost.