I really like crowdsourcing. Using ideas, thoughts, opinions of multiple people to reach a goal.
At October 13 Dutch Safety Board will publish the final report on MH17. It will document cause and circumstances of the shot down. My predication for the content of the final report is here.
What I expect is that many questions will remain unanswered in the report. For example questions on the process of the investigation.
DSB might provide journalists an opportunity to ask questions at a press briefing. Now lets help journalists a bit by submitting questions to DSB you want answers on. Use the comments at the bottom of this post or use the Contact from to submit questions.
I will list your questions on this page. I know many journalists frequently visit this site. Lets hope they get inspired by your questions!
Questions I like to have anwers on are:
1. Why were not all relevant debris of MH17 recovered in the months after July 17? In June 2015 still parts where found in fields. These parts had clear shrapnel damage.
2. Why were parts missing in the cockpit reconstruction as shown in photos taken in March 2015 ? These parts were already recovered and photographed days after the crash. Like the area of the windscreen wipers.
3. Are Ukraine air force aircraft seen on Ukraine ATC tapes? Many eyewitness reported seeing aircraft.
4. Does DSB requested Ukraine Air Force to hand over taped communications between pilots and air traffic controllers?
5. MH17 was ordered to change its flightplan route. It was ordered to redirect to waypoint RND on request of Rostov ATC. What is the reason?
6. What did the Rostov air traffic controller mean with his saying: we have three of those there. The three aircraft flying at airway north to south at Rostov controlled airspace are not conflicting with MH17
7. Did DSB investigate why the airspace over Eastern Ukraine was closed up to FL320? Why was decided to close only up to FL320? Why not a complete closure of the airspace?
8. Avherald.com reports that “the transponder data became unreliable at 13:18Z (position N48.28 E38.08)”. Can you comment on that?
9. Did DSB find any other military traffic flying near MH17 like an IL76 transport aircraft?
10. Did DSB investigate claims made in Russian media that GPS signal was jammed over Ukraine airspace at the day of the crash?
11. Did DSB investigate under which circumstances a BUK crew could make a mistake and shot down a civil aircraft?
12. What are the NOTAMs numbers issued by the Ukriane ATC since June 2014. When were these issued and for what reason?
13. What caused the green patches of paint on the left wingtip of MH17? Could this be paint of a BUK missile?
More questions to followby