At July 7 and 8 2016 various interviews with Dutch prosecution service were published in Dutch newspapers. Especially Dutch NRC had some interesting information about the progress of the investigation into the downing of MH17.
This post has a summary of the most interesting statements.
Sources are the articles below:
- OM doet beroep op Rusland: geef radarbeeld MH17 vrij (NRC July 7)
- ‘Of de Russen meewerken? Dat is lastig te beoordelen’ (NRC July 8)
- OM wil steun regering voor beelden MH17 (Telegraaf July 8)
- After summer Dutch prosecutor will make public to the worldpress the exact weapon and exact launch location
- According prosecutor Westerbeke “there is a close relation between who controlled the area of the launch location and who shot down MH17”
- Based on analysis the prosecutor believes Russia has additional radar recordings besides the processed primary radar (at the glass) from Rostov on Don civil air traffic control.
- Dutch prosecutor requested Russian Federation to hand over the primary radar recordings (edit: could be raw radar recording from Rostov or from other (military) sources)
- Dutch prosecutor requested Russian Federantion to hand over reference material of BUK missiles. (edit: I assume JIT want to obtain a 9M38 warhead. Pictures in JIT press releases show JIT has a 9M38M1 warhead. However for crosscheck JIT could also might like to obtain a second 9M38M1 but this seems unlikely to me)
- Dutch prosecutor is convinced it will find out who is responsible for the shot down of MH17
- Dutch prosecutor will request help from Dutch government in obtaining radar images if Russia does not hand over this information.
- Telegraaf states JIT wil present the type of weapon and launchlocation in October. This is not a quote of the Dutch prosecutor btw.