News on MH17 might be somewhat low but there is still some development. This post will provide an overview.
- February 24 2017: Dutch court will make public the verdict on RTL Nieuws, NOS, Volkskrant versus Dutch Ministry of Justice
- early April 2017 : Dutch court will make public verdict on RTL Nieuws objection to not release minutes of meetings (more info)
- April 7 2017 : deadline for Ministry of Justice to reveal minutes of meetings documents as ordered by judge.
- May 2 2017 : deadline for MP Rutte to adjust his motivation why he refuses to release interview report wirh Universiteit Twente.
- May 8 2017: Dutch Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs should answer questions by Commission for Foreign Affairs. (info)
- May 11 2017: Commission for Foreign Affairs of Dutch Parliament will discuss answers of letter.
- May 11 2017: publiekscollege juridische aspecten MH17
- May 12 2017: the hearing of ICJ the court that would approve the schedule of the hearings (source).
- May 24: answers to questions Omtzigt about role Netherlands in UN (source)
- June 9 Answers of the Dutch goverment to questions asked based on the progress letter by Dutch government (source). Update June 12: Minister Blok informed Tweede Kamers answers are delayed. At the latest answers will be given in the week of June 19. (source)
- Commisie Buitenlandse zaken decides if an Algemeen OVerleg is needed based on answers government (source)
- June? July? Verdict of ECHR to the application of German laywer Giemulla to hold Ukraine liable for not closing its airspace
- June 18: Dutch government needs to answer 45 questions asked at May 18 (source)
- End of June. Final decision by Court Midden Holland on WOB by RTL Pieter Klein to PM Rutte (details here)
- July 11 appeal of RTL Nieuws, NOS and Volkskrant on WOB case at Raad van State
Indexing of available info for MH17 national archive (July 2017)
Inzicht in de duurzame toegankelijkheid van de overheidsinformatie MH17 archief (juli 2017)
- September/October: special MH17 debate in Commission Foreign Affairs on prosecution of MH17 suspects
Borging en overdracht na afronding project MH17 archief (oktober 2017).
- Before October 1. Final version of Samenvatting Strategische Politie Evaluatie MH-17 will be send to the Dutch Tweede Kamer.(more info)
- sometime between January-April 2018. Raad van State will present its judgement on the appeal by Ministry of Security and Justice. This appeal was filed around week 10 2017. It takes max 40 weeks for Raad van State to publish the judgement.
- spring 2018: JIT agreement ends.
- Ukraine deadline to submit evidence of Russia’s violations, with the term expiring June 12, 2018. (source)
- Russian Federation to submit evidence of Russia’s violations, with the term before court by July 12, 2019
- Unknown (probably 2020): judgement of ICJ court on the case filed by Ukraine to Russia